Shaving Brush Knot Vendors and Sources
Created: 2023/3/13 :: Modified: 2023/3/13
Places I have experience getting shaving brush knots...
- Oumo Store on AliExpress
- Great source for badger, boar, and synthetic knots at good prices. If you don't want to pay for an artisan-tied badger knot, then check out their Manchurian SHD or Handmaster knots.
- Declaration Grooming
- Artisan-tied knots of great reknown, so therefore on the expensive side. You don't get separate knots from DG actually, but you can send Scott a handle and he'll put one of his in it for you. This is a great way to go since his knots with his own handles sell out so quickly.
- Maggard Razors
- Great source for badger, boar, and synthetic knots. The SHD badger they have here is the same as the Oumo Handmaster badger, if I recall correctly.
- AP Shave Co
- Great source for synthetic knots, especially. Andrew there, has been of great help, and knows his stuff.
- Elite Razor
- Long time vendor of quality knots.
- The Golden Nib
- Long time vendor of quality knots. Last time I looked, they were a little cheaper than Elite.
- Mozingo Brushworks
- Artisan-tied knots, I hear. No personal experience with this vendor yet.
- I understand that you can get their boar knots separately, but it seems difficult to find a url. If you can speak Italian, you might have more luck.
- Whipped Dog
- Good boar knots, IMO. Decent quality badger knots for reasonable prices. I especially like the silvertip from them, for the price. It is soft and luxurious.
- Frank Shaving
- Reasonable quality knots. I have had one of theirs for years that I like a great deal: Finest Badger High Density.
- Chisel and Hound
- I thought at one point they had their Fanchurian knot sold separately, but today I could not find it on their site. But his handles are amazing, whenever he has done a drop of recent ones he's made. You can buy his brushes assembled or not, I think.
- DS Cosmetics
- I understand that their boars are fairly low quality, so I'd seek out someone else first.
- Virginia Sheng
- Used to be a good source for inexpensive, reasonable quality badger knots. Their current ebay store site now, however, seems like they may be less active than in the past.